February 29, 202
Sixteen Things You Say to Yourself When Single on Valentine’s Day
for sixteen candles
1. Maybe a ghost is in love with me and is keeping all potential love interests away.
2. Maybe it’s me. (spoiler: probably not.)
3. Studies show that most people meet their soulmate before age 21. I have time…right?
4. Maybe I’m the star of a hidden-camera TV show about loneliness and love.
5. Maybe it’s you. (spoiler: probably not.)
6. I’m in a committed relationship with this chocolate.
7. I love being single!
8. I hate being single.
9. Valentine’s Day might not be that bad. Hey, there’s chocolate, right?
10. A calendar has more dates than me.
11. My significant other lives in the future-- it’s a long-distance relationship, we make it work.
12. Maybe I should get some cats-- embrace it, you know.
13. Pizza is the best valentine.
14. Singlehood is the best-- just watch Love is Blind to confirm that.
15. Rom-coms are both excruciatingly sad and unfathomably beautiful.
16. Maybe, just maybe, when I’m ready, I’ll find that spark.